Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Inspector with MAU in Covington, GA. As the Inspector, you will inspect products to ensure conformity to quality control standards by performing visual inspections for various defects.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- 3-6 months of related experience
- Basic reading and math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work weekends and holidays
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16 per hour
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Great hours, rotating shifts
- 7 AM – 7 PM
- 7 PM - AM
What You’ll Do As An Inspector:
- Visually examine and feel surface of finished product to detect defects and remove them from good product inventory
- Identify type, and determine severity of defects by comparison against standard limit samples. Record totals by defect category
- Salvage product, which would normally be classified as defective, by scraping or cleaning off light resin flash, surface dirt, or other foreign material which may be sticking to the product surface
- Classify and sort defective products into X-out or scrap inventories by determining severity of defect against standards
- Periodically report inspection results and show defects to unit line operator
- Identify, counts and records good product by unit line operator
- Maintain lot control system number sequence on all reports, forms, and tickets
- Input inspection data into database system
- Perform sorting, cleaning, and reinspection of product from packing, tampo stamping and inspection areas
- Maintain high productivity by working as a member of the inspection team to maintain zero to low quantities of uninspected products in all unit line inspection hoppers
- Work closely with auditor to reduce inspection errors
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Inspector position.