Job TitleMaterial Handler
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Material Handler with MAU at GF Linamar in Arden, NC. As the Material Handler, you will support the production lines, load, unload and move materials as needed throughout the facility.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent general education
- Prior shipping and receiving knowledge or fork truck driving experience is required
- Prior computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
- Multiple shifts available
- 6 AM – 6 PM
- 6 PM – 6 AM
- 7 AM – 3 PM
- 3 PM – 11 PM
- 11 PM – 7 AM
- Health Benefits including telehealth medical services
- Training Available
- Opportunity for Advancement
What You’ll Do As A Material Handler:
- Manually pick, package, bank or wrap a variety of materials
- Load and unload trucks in shipping and receiving areas
- Neatly store material in proper storage areas
- Maintain flow of material to all machines and assembly areas, first in, first out
- Take parts for final inspection and or in process inspection area to shipping
- Assist in emptying waste in outside containers
- Empty all chip bins in proper containers
- Keep all manufacturing and shipping and receiving areas well organized
- Ensure that plant is clean and organized at all times
- Inspect tow motors before each shift and ensure documentation is completed
- Report any unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Participate in continuous improvement programs
- Other duties assigned as needed
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Material Handler position.