LocationHendersonville , NC
Job TitleSafety Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company that since 1973 has provided global staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions dedicated to making people’s lives better. World class companies across the globe utilize MAU’s customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions.
The Safety Manager is responsible for providing Safety Management and leadership site wide. This position provides support, team leadership, and management to attain Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives for the Team.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Great work environment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Care Partners Program -trained and experienced counselors who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, nationwide
- Health Club Reimbursement program
- Additional Supplemental benefit programs
- 401K, Salary Continuation, Educational Reimbursement Program and FMLA available after 12 months of service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Or 4 years applicable experience
Current General Industry OSHA Outreach Instructor (Completed OTI 511 and 501)
- Lean Greenbelt (preferred)
- Root cause analysis training (preferred)
- Must be able to bend, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and lift approximately 15lbs.
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to communicate via both verbal and written correspondence
- Excellent office/computer skills
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert with material flow processes and continuous improvement champion
- Oversee management of multiple raw materials that have critical process variables that must be controlled
- Sustain and support Leader Standard Work for Supervision
- Assist with conflict resolution between employees and the customer as well as between supervisors and/or employees
- Develop and implement an evaluation process (PDAs/KPIs) and monitors/mentors Leaders reporting to this position
- Manage the PDA program to ensure compliance with target dates for FTRs reporting to this position
- Manage the Safety Program
- Facilitate annual safety program assessment, including the Safety Action Plan
- Facilitate onboarding of new associates
- Manage OSHA Required Safety Programs and facilitate Annual OSHA required training for all associates
- Facilitate the Powered Industrial Truck Training Program
- Oversee and help development of training material, standard work, and other documents to help standardize our processes and keep our employees safe
- Create processes to ensure profitability by minimizing risk of injury/incident exposure
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to ensure Safety is Job One
- Perform Safety Audits via SafetyNet, BBS and PIT Observations
- Maintain/Trend Safety Data to help define Safety Concerns
- Develop and Train Associates to eliminate or reduce the Safety Concerns
- Mentor/Coach Associates in regards to Safety
- Be on call 24/7 for all Mill Wide Safety and HR issues such as injuries, property damage, and personnel incidents
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Safety Manager job.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply