Job TitleWarehouse Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Warehouse Manager with our client in Cleveland, Ohio. As the Warehouse Manager, you will manage the front desk, inside sales, and shipment of finished products to customers and to ensure delivery schedules are met and the proper products are shipped. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Health benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Direct-hire Opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field (preferred)
- 3+ years Building Materials and/or Distribution warehouse management experience (preferred)
- Powered Industrial Equipment experience - Forklift certification
- Solid knowledge and proven history of implementing OSHA and Federal DOT regulations
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and manage employees
- Inventory Management Experience (NxTrend computer system)
- Experience with scheduling, planning, and logistics (preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Supervise a crew of 6-10 warehouse employees
- Select, develop, and motivate assigned warehouse personnel
- Motivate and encourage teamwork to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Conduct a daily safety walk-through to ensure that the warehouse is organized, clean, and safe at all times
- Responsible for enforcing company policies of conduct and safety, and initiates disciplinary action as needed
- Conduct monthly safety meetings and quarterly driver safety meetings
- Responsible for inventory accuracy. Conduct daily cycle counts to maintain accurate inventory counts and percentages
- Identify the causes of product losses and takes corrective action
- Implement and maintain bin location system to aid in storage and picking of goods
- Assist warehouse employees in loading and unloading trucks
- This may include staging trucks to be loaded at night
- Control costs through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of storage space and proper protection of stored materials
- Communicate with millwork shop manager on product mix and quality of stored materials.
- Properly utilize docks, warehouse layout and route truck loading patterns to minimize loading time
- Create organized and efficient loads for delivery that maximize route productivity and are within the guidelines of the Federal DOT
- Schedule routes for Guardian trucks and contract drivers
- Assist in getting incoming/outgoing freight quotes as needed
- Maintain the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery, and equipment to ensure they are running properly and up to safety standards of OSHA and the Federal DOT
- Manage PeopleNet computer system in company trucks to monitor driver’s hours of service and on-duty time, ensuring that drivers are in compliance with Federal DOT regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply