Job TitleProduction Scheduler
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Production Scheduler with MAU with AFL Telecommunications in Duncan, SC. Join the team that has been providing industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid since 1984.
What We Are Looking For:
- Associate’s Degree in business, mathematics, engineering or related fields
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience, production scheduling experience
- Held positions in production scheduling in a lean, discrete, fast-paced manufacturing environment with relatively short lead times
- Practical understanding of inventory management including finished goods and stock replenishment methods, cycle counting, accuracy controls, and schedule inputs
- Experience with Oracle R12 order management, inventory, and manufacturing related modules
- Strong computer skills and ability to manipulate large data sets to obtain desired information
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $18.50 per hour
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Great Hours (First Shift, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Production Scheduler:
- Implementation of improved planning and scheduling systems within a newly started AFL business unit that manufactures high density fiber optic cables
- Oversee the scheduling process to ensuring that the published line schedules are an accurate representation of the current state of the operation and its customer commitments
- Closely monitor shop floor performance to the production schedule each day and throughout the month
- Communicate schedule upsets and areas of focus
- Work with manufacturing to make schedule adjustments and recovery plans to minimize customer impact
- Schedule new orders, set shipment promise dates, reserve materials to orders, and Release work orders to manufacturing
- This includes, on occasion, special situations such as emergency orders for outages and other circumstances as required
- Manage forecast capacity reservations to stay within their schedule window to meet a sales commitment to a customer
- Coordinate schedule adjustments in response to customer change and expedite requests
- Strive to meet each request by exhausting all options
- Manage the finished goods inventory replenishment process to ensure designated items are available when ordered and inventory thresholds are maintained
- Utilize and continue development of scheduling software to proactively identify and communicate bottlenecks caused by overloaded resources, machine constraints, raw material deliveries, or other issues
- Work closely with the commercial sales team to align capacity with customer needs including close communication on lead times
- Generate the inputs and calculate results for the monthly sales and operations planning process
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Production Scheduler position.