Material Control Specialist II
Job TitleMaterial Control Specialist II
Employment TypeContract Associate
Material Control Specialist II
Expand your professional portfolio as a Material Control Specialist with MAU in Greer, SC. As a Material Control Specialist, you will be responsible for optimizing supplies and stock and ordering an accurate quantity of parts. You will also maintain and analyze supplier ratings while acting as a point of contact as needed.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or International Business with German concentration or related discipline
- 4 years of equivalent professional experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP) also accepted
- 4 years of related professional experience in Material Planning
- Experience in Material Requirements Planning [MRP] (preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management
- 4+ years of experience in Material Control and Production Control Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and SAP
- Basic German or Spanish (preferred)
- Control supplies and stock by timely planning the correct quantity of parts, while at the same time optimizing the stock on hand
- Perform basic data processing and parameter administration in the Material Planning system
- Support on-going series production, parts run-in and run-out, and processing of technical changes within this scope is the minimization of obsolescence costs
- Maintain and analyze monthly Supplier rating and yearly SUMIS (Supplier Management Information System) rating information as applicable
- Participate in departmental projects, or projects led outside the department
- Act as a contact to all suppliers and carriers, logistics association, and institutions
- Perform other duties as assigned by company operations supervisor
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply