Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as an Inspector with MAU at Sonoco in Union, SC. As an Inspector, you will perform all responsibilities in a manner which ensures that the quality expectations of every customer (internal and external) are met or exceeded and that continuous improvement is achieved.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $12 per hour
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Great hours
- 1st shift, 6 AM – 2 PM
- Great work environment
- Amazing safety culture
- Great break room for lunch
- On-the-job training
- Opportunity for advancement
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Problem solving skills (preferred)
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to work overtime
What You’ll Do As An Inspector:
- Responsible for a safe and clean work area
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner which ensures that the quality expectations of every customer (internal and external) are met or exceeded and that continuous improvement is achieved
- Know, understand, and follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s) related to the position
- Check molded or extruded parts visually for quality defects as outlined by the quality requirements
- Perform post-molding/extrusion operations such as buffing, scraping, deburring, assembly, etc., as assigned
- Pack quality parts in the appropriate cartons with correct labeling and quantities
- Segregate and report non-conforming product according to procedures
- Maintain proper accounting and recording of production data such as run records, scrap sheets, etc.
- Record SPC/SQC data where applicable
- Other duties as requested
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Inspector position.